Kindergarten Tech Program Overview
The Kindergarten Technology Program at Cherry Valley Springfield
includes a once a week meeting in the Elementary Computer Lab each week.
Mr. Strange will be teaching Kindergarten for the 2015-2016 School Year. You can see his website here.
The main objectives of the program include:
- To become creators not consumers on a computer
- To learn a variety of pre-programming skills including basic logic, sequential-thinking, computational thinking and more
- To expose students to various computer technologies they will use in their educational career
- To build confidence in student technology use and to encourage their exploration and use of technology throughout their educational career
- To learn basic computer parts and how to operate them
- To familiarize students with the keyboard, including key and letter location
- To learn basic web navigation skills
- Bee Bots
- Keyboarding - deboyace.com/keyk