Recently in 4th Grade Info-Tech
There are a tremendous amount of awesome projects we create in 4th Grade Info-Tech!
This project reflects and adds on to learning about Patriotism and Patriotic Symbols.
- As a group, the class will discuss and brainstorm patriotic symbols.
- The group will then view and analyze Patriotic Art, while discussing and finding symbolism with their partner.
- With partners, students will create a rough draft on paper of their patriotic logo. Students will be reminded of the limitations of images and words - and to ensure that images have more meaning together.
- Students will then work as partners on a computer (driver & navigator), to learn how to use Google Drawings to make their Logo come to life. Students will be encouraged to use iteration and to refer to video tutorials in order to learn Google Drawings and create their logo.
Google Earth - A Tour of New York State
In this project students will create a tutorial of a Region of New York State in groups, identifying geographical and man-made features of the region while using Google Earth.
Students will first familiarize themselves with this independent activity exploring significant locations around the world. See the student worksheet here, and the full website at deboyace.com/earth.
See the complete Unit sequence here
Google Apps - Gmail and GDocs
Digital Native American Storytelling
Thirteen Colonies Travel Brochure
- See the library page for full project details.
- See project template here. (login required)
- See student example project here. (login required)
Math, Logic & Sequencing with Scratch
In this unit students will explore various Math concepts including geometric shapes, angles, perimeter and more.
See scratch.mit.edu for more
Declaration of Independence - Then and Now
- See the Library Webpage for full project details
- See this page for a coinciding project with Google Drawings