Recently in 2nd Grade Tech
Recent projects include
- Creating custom characters
- Adding custom audio and sound effects
- Creating characters that interact and act on conditionals
- Utilizing broadcast blocks to create character interactions
- Adding parallel scripts
- Adding conditional changing backgrounds
- Problem-solving in unique, authentic, and wholly independent ways
In ScratchJr, students have been adding more complex layers to their projects, including:
Previous ScratchJr Projects:
2nd Graders have been learning of Safe Browsing online, including the Three Safety Rules:
- Always ask your parents or teacher first.
- Only talk to people you know
- Stick to places that are just right for you
We recently took a Virtual Field Trip to explore different places throughout the world. Students explored these places online that were "Just right for them" and then wrote about it.
The websites students visited included:
- Students have explored creative computing and programming through ScratchJr. Our most recent project was to Interview a Classmate.
See the awesome projects students created by clicking here.
Students have also been learning programming basics through the use of Code.org.
Go to deboyace.com/code2 for the student log-in page.
2nd Graders typed and illustrated their Personal Narratives! In collaboration with their Library Class students wrote a Personal Narrative and then typed and illustrated it in Computer Tech.
Click here to see their finished Personal Narratives(Please request access first)
2nd Graders have also been learning to Copy & Paste. Most recently students downloaded and completed this document: deboyace.com/copypaste.
See student's Toontastic project from the 1st semester at deboyace.com/toontastic.